Skip to main content

I wish I could say that I did it out of just a desire to help people.

"I wish I could say that I did it out of just a desire to help people. That would not be authentic. That would not be true. My shallow motivation at the time was simply, how do I invest the least amount of time (in years) and yield the highest return that will benefit my life and that of my family." -Sean

I feel so lucky? I feel so fortunate.

Let me share a story with you. I was 22 years old and I had just gone through a divorce. I was in a bad way, didn't really want to associate with people right then. Anyways, I wasn't making much money in my Isagenix business and at that moment in time could not see that as being my "thing" moving forward. I had to do something with my time and so I remember I offered to straighten out my dad's yard, his garage's, shed's etc. I can't remember for sure, but I think I was alone there in the yard for a week or so and I really cleaned that place up well, organized everything, got rid of a bunch of unneeded stuff etc. Then it was like, "ok now what?" It was not rewarding work. It was boring, time crawled. It was ok $ for me at the time, but there was no future there. I remember feeling the same way when I worked construction when I was 17 and 18. Good money, really hard on my body, just exhaustive hard labor with very little reward or future. It would not cause me to grow, other than getting into great shape, which I was in great shape, but I think that was so hard on the body, that it was unhealthy. I remember looking at my hands at times and thinking, my hands are always so sore and achy. My entire body ached. I have made a habit of really analyzing what people do for a living.
I wonder if they fill fulfilled.
I wonder if they just followed someone else's direction.
Did they just happen upon something, or was it really a calculated decision?
What does the future hold for them?
What would they do if $$$ was not a requirement to live on?

My mom was a waitress when I was 10 years old. I know that she made the most of it and did the absolute best job that she could. Our family really needed the extra $ at the time. I know that she made decent money and was probably the most beloved waitress there ever was at Toucan Cantina in Holladay. But she was not destined to remain there. She has always had bigger dreams and vision.

Crystal and I have had experienced major life transition recently. It is interesting to observe how much people are conditioned to adopt lables for themselves and then to identify by those labels and live within them. It becomes their identity. I am not sure if this is a healthy thing or not. Just an observation.

I wonder if Labels can inhibit us. I would think that putting limiting labels on ourselves could prevent us from reaching our full potential or from even trying to aspire to it.

I was taught from a very young age that I should always find a way to work for myself. I have a self admitted personality trait, that I think probably would have prevented me from working for anyone anyways.

I hated school. Mainly because the majority of the time I felt they were teaching me things that would not apply to my life or help me live a good quality of life. It is funny, because I see a lot of myself in my daughter Lily. She constantly asks, "Why are they teaching us that!? How is that going to help us? Why would we ever need to know that!?" Deja vu! She also resents being constantly told what to do, all of the time.

My brother tried to make me go to college, he had good intentions. He said, "dad is willing to pay for it, shame on you if you don't take advantage of that, many people would be so grateful to have the same privilege." He was right for sure. Still I couldn't force myself to do it. I dropped out after 1 class. Couldn't do it. Felt like I was being drug back into highschool with rigid structure and authority over me. I had lived on my own for a couple years and deep down I just desired to have that liberty to own my own life. There is no better feeling than owning your own time. Owning your own life. I cannot put a price on that. Sure there are challenges to being independent. However it is all I know and all I have really ever done for the last 20 years.

I love Entrepreneurship. I love taking risks. I love investing. I love being creative and open to all kinds of wonderful opportunities. I believe that although we are not all born on this earth with equal opportunity, and we are not, I don't care what anyone says about that. For example, I was born in America, the land of the free. I was born to parents who taught me the value of hard work and did everything they could to provide a good quality of life for me. I was never without food or shelter, although there were a couple of times where things did get tight. Still, I was better off than probably 90% of Americans. Most people that are not raised in self employment, do not pursue it or even have an interest in it. Human beings are copy cats. Most people do what their parents did. We often subscribe to the same line of work, politics, religion, financial views, etc as our parents did. That is a given. I have not had to have nearly the amount of courage in my life as say my dad or my mom did. In many ways I have just followed there footsteps. Did I have a choice? Sure. Mine was more of a conscious choice though, rather than just tagging along. I give them credit for 30 plus years of entrepreneurship before they found the Golden Goose "Isagenix." They tried 31 different types of ventures during that time that. That was only what I could remember. There was probably more. Most people do not live their life like that! I once heard "that a smart person learns from their own mistakes, however a truly wise person learns from the mistakes of others." When I decided to immerse myself in Isagenix as a career path, it was not a matter of me just doing what was available or natural. I had many options available to me. I looked at the kind of lifestyle that I desired and made a conscious decision to invest in the vehicle of network marketing to acquire those things I most desired. It was a business and a money decision. I wish I could say that I did it out of just a desire to help people. That would not be authentic. That would not be true. My shallow motivation at the time was, how do I invest the least amount of time (in years) and yield the highest return that will benefit my life and that of my family. That is how I ended up in Network Marketing. How do I beat the rat race? How do I get ahead? How do I leverage what skills, talents and gifts I had to make my dreams come true. Based on the experience of my parents, I knew there was not another place outside of network marketing that could provide me with such leverage. There isn't.

Where I got lucky. Yea we've made the $. I've always enjoyed making money, I don't deny that and see nothing wrong with it. I am so grateful, I have to have it, gotta pay those bills, gotta feed those mouths, want to enjoy life and all the perks, entertainment etc. What has been the added bonus is I have discovered that what many older/wiser people always said from the stage is so true. You do make meaningful, lifelong friends with people that are the best kinds of people on earth. We do get to transform people's health and help them rediscover their passion for their lives and their relationships. We help people evolve into a greater version of themselves. Personal development and self education is at the forefront of everything we do. You really just thought we hawked a product to people? You are sorely mistaken. You may not understand our deeper mission or purpose. Well, I could keep going on and on, but the bottom line is how grateful I am to do what I do. To have that privilege. Not everyone has that. I so wish that everyone did. Everyone deserves to live life on their own terms.

Sean Escobar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Loving Memory of Patrick Greenlaw

Patrick Edward Greenlaw was born on August 13, 1948 in Portland Maine to Edward Winslow Greenlaw and Grace Viola Dowd.  Patrick graduated Magna, Cum Laude from the University of Maine in 1971.  While earning his Masters Degree, Patrick graduated Summa Cum Laude at Boston University in 1974.    Over his 30-year career as a broadcast journalist, Patrick made an impact on and changed countless lives everywhere. Cities where Patrick's presence not only impacted the community but where he impacted anyone who came in contact with him include:  WKYT in Lexington, Kentucky; KUTV in Salt Lake City Utah; WCAU in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; CNN in Atlanta, Georgia; WTVG in Toledo, Ohio; WMTW in Portland, Maine; KDAF in Dallas, Texas; and lastly in Denver, Colorado.    During his media career, Patrick was nominated for (8) and won (3) Emmy awards; he won (5) Associated Press Awards; (3) Crystal Awards; (1) Edward R. Murrow award, and many other regional awards for his accurate and provocat

Race To Maintenance Protocol

(Side Note:  My sister Andrea has now lost 80 lbs on Isagenix!  So proud of her, she has earned every pound!  Please feel free to congratulate her.  You can find her on facebook by searching for "andrea escobar clawson isagenix") The following protocol was developed by Peter Greenlaw of the RGG group.  This strategy has been instrumental in the success of the RGG group, which has hit 5 Star Golden Circle in its re-entry position in just 1 year.   Peter still starts everyone on the 9 day cleanse as he feels this is what "grabs" people and gets them wanting more. Here is how the Race to Maintenance works.  On day 5 of their 9 day process people order the "Race to Maintenance."  The protocol, cost and all other details are all spelled out in the document below. By asking people for this order on day 5, many customers are excited to order because of the emotional response and results they are having on their 9 day cleanse.   Peter gets about 90% of his c
Shredders, Oh man! this last year kicked major ass didn’t it? Don’t you feel like you grew and that the world is this wide open playground just waiting for you to explore all of the possibilities?   Aren’t you proud of yourself?   You really should be, we all should be.   Don’t ever let numbers on a scale or lack of perfection ever discourage you.   You are a winner.   You overcame and you show up.   You are a hero because you took back control.   You put your health, your life and your future in a chokehold and you always win. We do hard things, never afraid, we push back!   Much love and respect Shred Heads. ⚔️   Isn’t the new logo so FIRE? 🔥 !!!!   Yes, we realize it isn’t that much different, but at the same time, for us it represents a vision fulfilled. This was the plan all along and is a benchmark accomplishment for us all. We are not reactive, we have vision. We take all of this and our investment drop dead serious. We appreciate your trust and we know so many of you have len